She’s seen you through your awkward middle school phase and she’s given her opinion almost every single time you didn’t want it. But here I am today at age 21, and as I go through my every day routine I hear her voice in the back of my head; it’s usually a nagging one, but nonetheless, you’re up there mom.
Going a day without talking to her is frightening and there is nothing harder then the months I go without seeing her. Even though we will never live under the same roof again, every time I accidentally bleach half of my laundry or leave the stove on high it’s like she’s standing right over my shoulder, breathing down my neck, with those eyes in the back of her head. Aside from the tough love that a mother always gives, she is the best friend you’ll ever have and here is why:
- Nothing is too embarrassing to share with her, all of the things you’re going through at age 15, 18, or 20, she has been there done that. She will probably give you some pretty awesome advice on how to handle it too.
- She knows every recipe by heart and has the most random cooking facts memorized. Who in the heck has the coffee scoops to water ratio memorized? Your mother.
- If you’re like me and my mom, we wear the same size shoe, so going home to her closet is such a treat.
- She is always on your side (and sometimes she’ll even stay on your side and argue against dad, gasp!)
- You can rant to one of your girlfriends, but are they actually going to listen to every word and care? Probably not, but I know my mom will, no matter how much she doesn’t want to hear about my classes, or what I had for lunch that day.
- She ALWAYS answers the phone when you call, what a concept people!
- We follow each other on pinterest, which is great because she pins everything she makes for dinner (living away from home is hard).
- She will always be there for you. Every day, at any hour. She’s not going anywhere, because she’s a mom, and loving you is just part of the job!
So Happy Mother’s Day to you Mom and to all the amazing mom’s out there! Why is your mom special to you? I’d love to hear in the comments!