First off, I’m a Pinterest fanatic. I have over 6,000 pins and over 50 boards. I pin, my sisters pin, even my mom pins (which is awesome because she pins her dinner recipes). You can find my Pinterest at a ton of different links on this blog, but for your utmost convenience I put it right here for ya. Although I’m an internet hoarder via this magical website that has been bestowed upon all women who have always dreamt to hoard somewhere other then in the back corner of our closets, there are some things you should know about my sacred place.
1. I will craft or cook or DIY almost anything, and even if it turns out looking awful, I will place it proudly somewhere in my apartment because it’s a Pinterest craft, and who doesn’t show off those?
2. I DID NOT write the caption on my pins. Those cheesy blurbs, yep they were already there. Seriously who types those things in the first place?
3. My boards are alphabetized, A to Z and each board each has 100+ pins for my OCD mind.
4. When I can’t figure out where to pin something, 9 times out of 10 I will just make a new board.
5. The worst moment during my time spent on Pinterest is when a pin can fit into two boards. Do I want this on my “arm candy” board or my “DIY” board? See number 4 for solution.
6. Why is it so hard to find other awesome pinners on the site? I think I follow over 500 people and yet maybe 100 of them actually pin on the reg. Come on people, where is your consistency!
7. PINTEREST DINNERS NEVER TURN OUT LOOKING LIKE THE PICTURE. I cannot stress this enough, one time I made this amazing looking homemade macaroni cheese for my boyfriend. The picture of the dish was thick and cheesy, with a light layer of shredded cheese on top. What it actually looked like was yellow soup, with a whole stick of butter and some undercooked noodles floating around in it. In Pinterests’ defense, the recipe called for a crock pot, but what college student has a crock pot? Moral of the story might be that I just need a crock pot, but for now I will blame Pinterest for this one. Caroline- 1 Pinterest- 0
8. Pinsomnia: the inability to sleep because you keep clicking “see more pins.” It’s real, people.
9. The feeling of always having a half empty closet, and an even emptier wallet. Why can’t my “fab clothes” board or my “perfect outfits” board come to life?
10. Let’s face it, I’m just really not crafty enough to divulge into my “DIY” board. I have pinned hundreds of awesome crafts, in hopes that one day, the great Greek Gods will bless me with some artistic ability, or even handwriting that doesn’t look like my father’s. My “DIY” board is starting to collect dust, if I’m being really honest.
11. I will unfollow your “work out” board. It’s inevitable, I don’t want to see it, I don’t want to even have to scroll past it. I don’t want to read about your 30 second plank and 50 sit-ups work out that you’re never going to do, so please spare me.
12. If you have a wedding board, like my “I do” board, there’s a 100% chance that I will follow it. Hey Klein, when the time comes, don’t forget to check my Pinterest! You’ll know how I’d like every second of my wedding and engagement to play out.
13. And last but not least, you can say you’re going to sit down for a few minutes and check pinterest, but we all know we won’t see you for a few hours after that. Must. Keep. Pinning. Trust me, we’ve all be there.
Be sure to follow my Pinterest here, and tell me in the comments so I can follow some other awesome pinners! See number 6 ✓